Texas Heat Have you Roasting?
Don’t let the heat get you down; contact the HVAC professionals at Johnson’s Services Today! Johnson’s Services offers fast, honest, and reliable air conditioning repair. When our Certified HVAC technicians come to your home they will perform a full system diagnostics to determine the exact issue you’re having with your system. After testing your system we will inform the home owner of any problems that were found. If a problem was found our tech will discuss repair suggestions, and options. If repairs are needed, the Service Call Fee will be applied to the repairs on the initial visit during normal business hours (8am-5pm) and warranties are offered to ensure repairs are done right.
• Poorly-charged air conditioning system. If an A/C system is not properly charged with refrigerant, it is unable to efficiently remove heat and cool your home.
• The outside fan or unit is not working. The condenser fan located outside your home removes heat from the compressor and keeps refrigerant cool. The condenser fan can stop working due to a faulty capacitor, a bad motor bearing can cause it to overheat, or there may not be power to the system. If it does not run or is not spinning at full capacity, it can cause your compressor to prematurely fail.
• Insufficiently cooled rooms. This can be due to poor duct design, kinked or damaged air ducts, or an air duct leak.
• The A/C unit is not blowing cold air. This can be can be a result of various issues, including lack of power to the system, dead thermostat batteries, or a low system charge.
• Dirty air filters (Note: Dirty air filters can cause many system malfunctions. Air filters should be changed every month.) HVAC Brands We Service Johnson’s Services is a full-service HVAC company, and we pride ourselves on our ability to service ALL air conditioning and heating systems.
Johnson’s Services services the following HVAC brands: • American Standard • Amana • Goodman • RUUD We also service other major brands; for any questions, please call Johnson’s Services at 281-495-3131.
Maintenance Tasks Spring & Summer Maintenance Tasks:
- Replace filters on cooling equipment
- Check condition of belts and pulleys and replace as needed
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils
- Check refrigerant charge and inspect for leaks if charge is low
- Clear drain lines and pans
- Check electrical connections
- Check operation of fan and blower motor and adjust if needed
- Lubricate motors, bearings and other moving parts
- Check operation of thermostat and other controls
- Check for adequate airflow Please call Johnson’s Services today to beat the summer heat!
Feeling a Little Too Cold for Comfort?
Contact Johnson’s Services today for your free heating system repair estimate! Johnson’s Services offers lighting fast, honest, and reliable air conditioning and heating system repair. Johnson’s Services offers no service call fees with repairs during normal business hours (8am-5pm) and offer warranties to ensure repairs are done right. When our Certified HVAC technicians come to your home they will perform a full system diagnostics to determine the exact issue your having with your system. After testing your system we will inform the home owner of any problems that were found. If a problem was found our tech will discuss repair suggestions, and options.
- Heat Source: Commonly a furnace, boiler or heat pump; uses warm air or water to heat your home.
- Heat distribution system: Moves warm air, steam or hot water through the home.
- Control system: Commonly a thermostat, this regulates the amount of heat that is distributed throughout your home.
Heating System Maintenance Periodic maintenance can extend the life of your heating system and minimize efficiency loss. It is important to complete the following tasks on a regular basis:
- Clean filters monthly and replace them regularly
- Check air ducts and heating pipes to make sure they are properly sealed
- Remove dirt, soot or corrosion from the system, and clean the heat exchange to maintain heating levels Johnson’s Services preventative maintenance plan will ensure that your heating & cooling system is running at peak efficiency year-round via scheduled seasonal maintenance and cleaning.
Tips for Reducing Home Heating Cost
- Before upgrading your heating system, improve the efficiency of your house. This will allow you to purchase a smaller unit, saving you money on the upgrade and operating costs.
- Install a programmable thermostat and save on your energy bills! Using a programmable thermostat reduces heating and cooling costs by an estimated 10% per year.
- In winter months, open your curtains during the day. This will naturally heat your home; close the curtains at night to keep the heat inside your home.
- Air-seal your home and add insulation to the walls and attic to help retain your home’s heat. Up to 25% of your home’s heat is lost through small cracks and holes.
- Seal air ducts and ensure they are properly insulated when they are installed in an unheated area of the home, such as an attic or crawlspace.
- Weather-strip doors and windows to keep warm air from escaping your home.
- Set ceiling fans to spin clockwise to prevent hot air from rising inside rooms.